View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: OBD2 adapter to use with Forscan

I have a cheap one also, it's BT and I've used it on Fords/Honda/Landrover. I thought about the $100 OBDLink but it's only for light duties so I grabbed the cheap knockoff for $17 way back when.

I've thought about modding it to give me access to HS but I've not needed to warrant doing it. I have software on my laptop and it's been great, I've never needed to program anything or have changed parameters like I thought I'd have been doing by now so it services well.

It is a Konnwei KW902 (a green one) and they're still on ebay.au. However all that being said Forscan also warns you from buying fakes/copies for good reason. Am I lucky that mine is good with every app and program I've used probably and it's on that, that I'll probably say go the OBDLink if the price is reasonable to you.

I don't miss not having the best adaptor out there and I'm not even sure I'm being held back diagnosing issues, but I"ve enjoyed immensely having the ability to with the Mondeo and other vehicles The ease of use with BT on a phone/tablet/laptop has been convenient, I don't have any apple devices so it was a no brainer BT for me.

If you want more than just an adaptor then you could look at another device all together with much more features for a couple of hundred.

If I were you in your situation today I'd go the quality adaptor.