View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 11:05 PM   #862
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Agree, Raytheon calls hahaha....

But back to alternate fuels, there's E85 in Corio for G-Town and I'm sure you can find locations online. E85 from Aussie sugar cane (better for you than eating the sugar - keep the black strap molasses though as that has really good minerals and nutrients in it, def a superfood, you will get nice shiny hair like my grandad's horses...!), employs Aussie farmers and then Aussie plant operators and then Aussie truckies and distribution staff. Fewer carbons in chain so cleaner burn and less CO2.

Cars I know of: VEII 3.0, VF MY14 3.0, 3.6 (and V8?) and a selection of Captivas were all factory E85.
For the Ford inline 6, a tune exists for this, anyone running their I6 on E85?

For LPG it's a byproduct of our refineries I think.

The really interesting one would be CNG which we have 300 years of supply. Now, any mechanically minded FF crew, can you tell me, can CNG be burned in diesel motors? What mods would you need?

Elegant solution, power the vehicle fleet with CNG, reduce the foreign oil deficit, engineer the motor changes here, not have to completely re-wire the power grid for electric (bankrupting the country), uses existing engine tech, far fewer carbons in chain so burns cleaner with less CO2. What's not to like?

Or we could buy the oil and sell all the CNG for pennies.