View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 12:34 AM   #29
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: The black plastic thingy mystery

You're good.
Reading below there is some ambiguity in the roadworthy (VSI), but general consensus I'm aware of is when viewed from above

ADR 42
Quote:
The wheel guards must meet the following requirements when the wheels are in the straight ahead position:

In the part formed by radial planes at an angle of 30 degrees to the front and 50 degrees to the rear of the centre of the wheel (see figure 1), the overall width (q) of the wheel guards must be at least sufficient to cover the tyre ‘section width’ (b) of the tyres fitted to the vehicle taking into account the extremes of tyre/wheel combination as specified by the ‘manufacturer’

The projection - situated in the vertical plane of the tyre axis - of the depth (p) of the outer edge of the wheel guards, measured in the vertical longitudinal plane passing through the centre of the tyre, must be at least 30 mm. This depth (p) may be reduced progressively to zero at the radial planes specified in clause 42.12.1.2.1.1
Vic Roads VSI 8
Quote:
..and, when in the straight ahead position, the guard or bodywork of the vehicle must cover the section width of the tyre
Note - The section width of a tyre is the distance between the outsides of the sidewalls of an inflated tyre excluding any markings, bands or ribs.

Last edited by superroo; 16-01-2019 at 12:42 AM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: