View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #32
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

So I sat on this for a while, but eventually finished writing my letter and sent it off three weeks ago. Possibly a bit overblown at four pages + copies of inspection reports and service history, but I wanted to tell the narrative along with the what and why they need to fix.

Got a call on Thursday from my new case manager Rhiannon.
She first told me that she'd done some background research and gave a verbal confirmation that it is a "manufacturing defect" (exact words: "I spoke to Rob at <dealership> who confirmed this repair is needed to fix a manufacturing defect").
Unfortunately the result of their review process, "owing to the fact the car was purchased out of factory warranty and that the extended warranty stays with the previous owner", is that Ford is not going to provide any assistance. "Buyer beware" she said.

Disappointed, of course, but I'm not done by a long shot.

I asked for clarification, "So you're telling me it's a manufacturing defect but Ford will not fix it?" But she got defensive and refused to confirm or deny: "I will not repeat myself".
She offered that the case could be re-submitted to review (with no promises the outcome will be any different) which I requested she do. If I think of anything to add I can submit it with the case number she gave me.

I'm now trying to get in touch with the previous owner and see if they'll share their service reports with me (including the Oct service where a hesitation was reported). If I can get that I'll add it and whatever other info they can give to my case with Ford.
And in the meantime will be looking to open a dispute through Fair Trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote