View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #51
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Today marks the end of my 12 month warranty, so one year on from the repair work, how have things been going?

I'm happy to report that the car has been good as gold since having the new sensor installed, the feel of the DCT is superb and gear shifts are quick and precise. It's not infallible, as witnessed by the two or three times it's tripped things up by being in the wrong gear, but most of the time the feeling is smart and seamless. I can see why Ford rushed into installing these across the range as they really are a great transmission when working properly.

It's done well enough to restore my confidence in the vehicle and satisfy me that I made a good choice in buying it over every other option that was out there (things I'd really questioned for a time there), and allowed me to feel a bit more individual connection with it as we've started to accumulate the family trips away that make memories.

My wife also surprised me a few weeks ago by telling me that she loves the car - she loves the space, comfort as a driver or passenger, and features (the dual-zone climate control has become a real favourite). There's no love lost to Ford as a brand for either of us (and I hope the ACCC action and others take them to the cleaners), but for the Mondeo itself it's earned our fond forgiveness.

I'm starting to entertain notions of modding and personalising the beastie, although time and money will preclude anything too out there there's a few things I'd like to do for ownership in the long term...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: