View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Default Re: MD Diesel Transmission Woes

I also considered the temp symbol so on one of my forced stops I decided to wait for nearly 45mins to see if that had any impact to the interval before the next failure but that made no impact. The car only contained myself and my usual over night bag of clothes so there was no weight. The trip Melb to Syd is an easy freeway drive and in this instance of the failures the outside temp was around 28 degrees and the car stayed on the set 110klm/h by the cruise control, 2,000rpm and did not change gears at any time prior to the failures. After picking the car up from Dominelli's (the Syd Ford dealer) after it's first attempt to fix the problem the car went to Melb with no issues however it just didn't feel the same. Courtney and Patterson, my Melb Ford dealer, and from whom I purchased the car new from, went right over the car on Xmas eve and said it was all fine but needed another software update to the main board. The car did around 100klms local driving before going back to Sydney when the issue began again.

I am now starting to hear about several other MD Mondeos with similar issues
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD

Last edited by Ibaker; 17-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote