View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #20
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Default Re: MD Diesel Transmission Woes

Last Friday afternoon/evening I drove back to Melb from Syd and got to about 200klms from Melb and it happened again except this time it nearly killed me. Right behind me and up my rear were 3 big trucks, B doubles, when suddenly my car started kangaroo'ing, the tacho going up to 4000rpm then down to 2,000rpm, a clunk sound then back up and down and kept on like a yo yo etc like in the video in the opening post, the trucks almost ran into the back of me and were lucky they could swerve into the other lane or else I was a goner. At the time there wasn't any way I could pull over then suddenly there was a spot so off the road I went and was able to keep it straight and pull it up ok.

I won't drive it now as all my driving is freeway Melb to Syd and back. I left it at home in Melb this time and had to catch a flight up to Syd which was high price because of last minute and I am now in Syd with no car.

The car is dangerous and 2 ford dealers have tried a total of 3 times to fix it but they don't know what is wrong with it.

I went into the Ford dealer I purchased it from in Melb and formally requested a new replacement car of the same i.e. a Mondeo Titanium Diesel Wagon. I showed them the video of it all again and even this time the video with the trucks. They filled out the paperwork for a buy back and took the Ford Customer Care reference number from 1.5 months ago when I reported it after the 2nd time.

The next step will be a call to ACCC pending what happens now...anyone care to guess
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: