View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #28
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Default Re: MD Diesel Transmission Woes

After many many phone calls yesterday to the Ford dealer and to Ford themselves late yesterday I receive an email from Ford.

Now remember that 2 Ford dealers have tried to fix my car 3 times but are unable to even ascertain what is causing the tranmission failure. The last time the Ford dealer had the car for 2 weeks and were still unable to find what is causing the problem. The other Titanium Diesel MD Mondeo (a hatch) in Tamworth is also in the same boat as their dealer has been unable to ascertain what is causing the transmission failure. So 3 Ford Dealers don't know how to fix it and many weeks of time and inconvenience has been spent trying to resolve this, as I experienced, very very dangerous problem.

The letter from Ford states:
"Ford does not believe there is a major failure or failure to repair within a reasonable time or failure which cannot be remedied. This decision does not prevent you from seeking recourse under the ACL by commencing legal proceedings"

So there you have it...exactly where Ford stands in supporting their loyal customers...perhaps my wife may have got a difference response if I had have been killed on the Hume Freeway a few weeks ago because of it.

Up until now I have tried to do the right thing by Ford under the banner of common decency by declining their offer for a hire vehicle. It just would have been an extra cost to them whilst my car was being fixed but not now. My car is being towed to my Ford dealer this morning where they can do all they like to it to try and fix it even though they have tried before (plus 2 other dealers being unable to fix it) and through Ford Customer Despair I have taken up a Hertz rental car from them and will be driving that back and forth interstate.

I was about to buy a Mustang for the wife and my 21 year old daughter a few weeks ago took the EcoSport for a test drive to buy but looks like the Stinger is now a better option than Ford and I have told my daughter to stay away from Ford...perhaps the MG might be better

In marketing you can spend 90c in every dollar to get a new customer...or only 10c in every dollar to make an existing customer happy who in turn gets you 2 more customers for free...
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: