View Single Post
Old 20-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #27
natedog

Default Re: BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade

I had to give Brett his test brake kit yesterday and in went my old worn out little rotors.

After driving them around through every day stop start, freeway and a few hard braking tests, all I can do is highly recommend these kits once they are released next month!

The street/track pads that I tested were not dusty.

They were not squealy hot or cold.

The pads did not need heat up to work from cold starts like some street/track pads require.

They did not fade....even with me trying to get them to.....all I did was destroy my rear pads!!!! Poor little rotors, they were coming to the end of their lives anyway :-)

My order is in, I am definitely getting the Shockworks brake kit.

When the Shockworks kit was taken off there was no hint of any higher than normal wear from me "trying" to get them to fade on a couple "test" sessions.

Pedal feel is progressive and predictable, there is no hint of them being unpredictably "grabby" at any speed hot or cold.

Awesome front brake upgrade for the $$$

I must thank Brett for letting me test the kit out.....the fact he was willing to lend them to me to try and beat them up a bit after only having met him a month earlier??

Shows the faith he has in the product to lend them to a stranger basically... and he's a good bloke!

Nathan
Herrod Fuel pump
BMC air filter
Built tailshaft
Shockworks Coilovers
Shockworks 4 piston monobloc front brake kit
Herrod oil breather and "special" diff breather kit
19x9.5 rears 19x8.5 fronts with sticky Michelin rubber

natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: