View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #15
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: International Olympic Committee considering Transgender athletes to be allowed to compete with other

People should be able to be who they want to be and do what they want to do, so long as it doesn't infringe upon those around them. I certainly don't want others telling me how to live my life.

However, I don't agree that transgender women (man to woman) should be allowed to compete with biological females. There is much more to it than simply falling within a certain testosterone and growth hormone range.

You cannot undo years of physical, structural and coordination development that is generally much more advantageous for males when it comes to sports that require physical strength, power and size. Males typically have larger amount of lean muscle mass, greater bone density, years of exposure to testosterone and probably resistance training stimulus. You cannot undo years of physical and neural development, nor can you undo millions of years of evolution. It's not fair for biological females competing in physical sports.

Sports that require greater skill rather than physical prowess might be a different story. Sports such as shooting, golf, darts, horse riding, possibly tennis and other high skill sports where skill is a greater asset than your physical attributes could be looked at (some of those sports can be physically demanding too).

FG XR6T SILHOUETTE - 380rwkw
lucas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: