View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #13
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Samsung S7 - Upgrade or not?

I went from an s5 (the battery was shagged) to my current s8. Initially the battery was probably a bit better then the s5 when it was still good but i have a ****er samsung watches (i didnt pay for it, i had expiring vouchers) and i find that handy for screening calls when im up ladders so i dont drop the phone like i have done before, or reading the subject of emails in meetings. The biggest thing i noticed was by leapfrogging a few generations of phones, the performance differences were noticable. Now i carry 2 phones, one is a work phone. Didnt notice much from going iphone 4 to iphone 4s to iphone 5s, yet had i gone straight from 4 to 5s it may have been more noticeable, that was a few years back, i have some samsung potato for a work phone but it does the job. But back to battery life, i think is more common place these days to have a cord in the car and a few chargers kicking around at home so the best part of a day using the thing heaps is sort of normal. So going s7 to s10, the speed of which it computes will be the biggest thing you notice. I bought my mum an s7 last year, not because im the good and good looking son, just because i was getting sick of hearing her complain about how crap the phones she would buy are then boast about how cheap they were. Now she loves it because it does normal stuff non crap phones do. Comparing that to the s8, size is the main difference, really the s8 isnt astoundingly better. But again, jumping a few generations will make a marked difference. The wireless transfer of your stuff to the new phone should you choose to is painless. Took me 8 minutes from s5 to s8.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote