View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New car in the shed

Well, 2 months have gone by and now the red car is parked in the shed hard up against a wall while we use the blue car.

I can hear the wails - but it isn't what you may think, it's simply that in a couple of weeks we will be parking a car at the airport for a week and SWMBO has made an executive decision -"We are NOT leaving the new car in a parking lot for 8 days!!"

But the blue car needs some work on the road so we will use that until we get back from FNQ.

Niggles on the red car?? No, we haven't got any. You walk up with a key in your pocket, grasp the driver's door handle and it unlocks, shifts the seat and steering wheel to the position dictated by the key, slide into the (very comfortable) seat, press the brake pedal and the start button, shift into reverse, press the park brake off button and reverse down a quite steep drive while watching a screen showing you where the car is going to go ( and where the pedestrians are on either side), into drive and off you go.

And if thebigd wants some get up and go from a stationary position, just put enough revs on to get the turbo spooled up and the release the brake - but be warned - too many revs will have you braking traction and if Mr Plod is about you might get a ticket for "Hooning"".

And these are not criticisms, but another 20 metres of light ahead of the car on low beam would be good, and if the navigator would allow for Melbourne suburbs in address descriptions that would be nice too. Did you know there are four places along the Nepean Highway that have the 1051 number? And the navigation software will always try to take you to the one nearest Melbourne _ Wasn't where I wanted to go - but that's the Navigation OS rather than Ford. Perhaps the upgrade I read about elsewhere will fix that.

TTFN

Happy Mondeo-ing

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: