View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 03:40 PM   #94
MercuryT
Banned

Default Re: Manual Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Merc
I have a pretty handy paddle shifter that in sport mode shifts/bangs through the 8speed box in a blink of an eye.
I’m telling you the biggest buzz is through the gears at wot but as mentioned it’s awkward at twisty corners through the gears when the wheel is at 6 12 positions for eg keeping your hands parallel to change - infact it’s crap.
Yes it’s damn quick off the lights straight line But it is no way more fun than getting in my stick shifting slower hand change depress clutch Sprint.
Sprint just kills it for engagement, the feel control aspect is far more satisfying hands down even though I’d be some meters behind in a street light run.
I’m not dragging off the lights for sheep stations but it’s all in the timing.
Had a run against a amg suv and it all fell into place I smoked it in a street light drag much to his dismay.
He tried to encourage another but I knew I couldn’t repeat another perfect launch and just lol’d. My son was in raptures.
Ol skool still holds its own to me.
Porsche realised this from customer base and re introduced a manual 911 not long ago FYI.
Hyper car is another level and small %, not fair to compare to volume sales.
Dfb, commercial box is commercial gearing sucks.
I hear you re the pony !
Long live stick shift !!!!
Great post mate but please remember it did say I prefer manuals too so you have no argument from me.

Merely pointing out that paddle shifts give a great balance if a lot of peak hour driving at 20ks an hour yet still pretty good on a
spirited one.

I had a manual Maloo and an Auto Xr6 Turbo for that exact reason!!
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote