View Single Post
Old 17-12-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
MadnessEvolved

Default Re: Smartshield issues - Only engaging intermittently.

Gave up, took the car to the local sparky that maintains the work vehicles. I've seen him to do quality work, and hey, why not try and get cheaper rates?

Turns out it was a simple thing. When Lube Mobile replaced my BCM earlier, their sparky stuffed up and installed the unit from a High Series (Yellow box) instead of the Low Series (Gray box) that was installed. Which would explain why I've had so many constant issues with BCM related systems since I got the car back. I'm now mighty peeved off with them as I have already sent the car back to them once for these issues. They told me it was just a faulty power window actuator. No, it was their dodgy work.

So I'm calling up the Department of Commerce tomorrow to establish my line of attack and then will be following up with Lube Mobile once I know exactly what I need to do. Going to have these b******s fix this properly. Preferrably I want my damned money back (since they grossly overcharged me on the work. I'm not surprised, since they were trying to force the wrong computer to work in the car!) so I can take it to a professional who I trust to do the job right. At the very least, they can correct the mistake and refund me the difference in the work hours. I got quoted by this sparky for $600. I paid $1480 for LM to do it.

Guess that's the issue figured out, now I just need to get on their backs about fixing the job. From what I was told today, the hardest part will likely be sourcing the right BCM. I really want it back on the road (properly) before year's end, but I might be pushing it. He did give me a few tips he picked up on timing it to get the car going, so there's that, at least.
MadnessEvolved is offline   Reply With Quote