View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #7
Mondaveo

Default Re: MD Titanium LED Headlights

It looks similar to the light pattern I get in my MC Titanium (projector headlamps), and while it may seem a tad short and low, I'd say it's probably normal.

The projector lights have a shade (adjustable) which defines the upper part of the light beam and produces a characteristic sharp cutoff - it looks like your LED lights do the same. Whereas with older vehicles and traditional lights, the headlight beam has a more diffuse edge which contributes to the impression of a higher/longer throw.

Remember that low beams need to be calibrated so that the light beam is directed below the eyeline of other road users. You couldn't angle those lights much higher before it goes above the doorline of other vehicles, and then you'd be hitting oncoming drivers' eyes with them - and because of the sharp cutoff would then mean they cop the full intensity of your headlights.

In my case I do notice and find it frustrating that they don't illuminate as far down the road as I'd like, but you have to compromise for other drivers (I've also had the opposite problem with lights adjusted too high up, which I'm sure isn't fun for other drivers and some will let you know...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: