View Single Post
Old 15-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Statutory Write-Offs (NSW)

I'm beginning to feel this scheme has become as corrupt as the one it was supposed to stamp out (dodgy repairs and rebirthing).

The number of cars with stat stickers on them, sporting increasingly trivial, genuinely repairable damage is making me suspect the public is getting shafted. Less cars fixed, means more new cars sold, more income from premiums, and higher priced S/H parts for the few repairs that are done.

One of my dailies is a twice-over write-off, it has also been re-hit in three repaired areas, and the only real "overdamage" was in an area poorly repaired by an authorised marque repairer when it was new-ish.

I'm totally sold on the safety of a repair that follows manufacturer-prescribed methods, and would like to see the repair industry push back a bit. Maybe they could fund ANCAP crash tests on some current models with major repairs?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote