View Single Post
Old 15-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Statutory Write-Offs (NSW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I'm beginning to feel this scheme has become as corrupt as the one it was supposed to stamp out (dodgy repairs and rebirthing).

The number of cars with stat stickers on them, sporting increasingly trivial, genuinely repairable damage is making me suspect the public is getting shafted. Less cars fixed, means more new cars sold, more income from premiums, and higher priced S/H parts for the few repairs that are done.

One of my dailies is a twice-over write-off, it has also been re-hit in three repaired areas, and the only real "overdamage" was in an area poorly repaired by an authorised marque repairer when it was new-ish.

I'm totally sold on the safety of a repair that follows manufacturer-prescribed methods, and would like to see the repair industry push back a bit. Maybe they could fund ANCAP crash tests on some current models with major repairs?
Of course it,s corrupt.The whole stat writeoff was instigated by the motor manufacturers who collectively got into the ear of some high ranked public servant,pointing out how dangerous repaired damaged cars could be if repaired incorrectly.As we know public servants are generally as dumb as dog****.so the deal got pushed through parliament without any evidence at all.Insurance companies weren,t in favour because they got so much less for their damaged cars,but the damage was done so they were forced to wear it.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: