View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #106
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

One-touch window down.

Looking at as much detail as I can about the one touch down feature on the Fiesta, it looks all built into the window switch itself. The one-touch-down window switch has a single 10-pin connector that takes normal power for the windows, uses it to drive the window on the same door, and feeds 2 wires to the opposite door to drive them remotely. On earlier or lower spec dual-window switches, there are 2 x 10 pin connectors underneath, and the wires are moved around. For the passenger side single switch, it too has a single 10 pin connector, but annoyingly the pinouts are just a bit different to any of the other 10 pins. But the connector is the same.

So this is what I surmise.

(1) if you have an older dual-10-pin drivers window switch, you COULD convert to one-touch-down switch by depinning one of the 2 x 10pin connectors and feeding the wires into the remaining 10 pin connector in the right order. I believe you may need one extra pin to feed the power to the one-touch-down function.

(2) On the passenger side, that switch has a power feed for when you press the switch locally, but has 2 x inbound lines from the master switch to also make the windows move. This is something that by default the one-touch-down switch does not have.

But it certainly got me thinking. Could the one-touch-down switch circuitry either be adapted to fit the passenger switch, or could a LHD market one-touch-down switch be modified to allow the pass-through function of the master switch.

Can we find a way to have one-touch-down windows on both the drivers and passenger side...?

Luke