Thread: Map version
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #19
warkus
Starter Motor

Default Re: Map version

Hello all,

Just wanted to throw a big thank you out there for the info here. First time on this forum, am new here...

I recently purchased a demo (no previous owner) MY17.5 2.0T Trend from John Hughes in Perth. Despite them servicing it 2 days before I picked it up (15k Service), the Sync version and maps were out of date. It had Sync 3 v2.3 on it and ANZ 1 15 maps.

I rang the service department last week asking them to update the maps being as it was only just serviced before I picked it up - and being as it wont be back to get another service for a year. Going up towards Burns Beach Road after I collected the car the first obvious point was that it didn't even know any of the freeway exits up that way. I was pretty sure there had to be an update by now.

None the less I was told that if there was it would have been done as part of the service so there was obviously none for my car. After a quick google search, I found this thread and forum, First thing I see above is the prerequisite of Sync 3 v3.0 to get the newer ANZ 1 18 maps.

So I created an owners profile on the ford website, downloaded the update and applied it. Once at Sync 3 V3.0, I took it back to the service center yesterday and asked them to check again.

They did so very kindly with the information I had from here (very surprised that their own tech's didn't know that already but meh...). I now have ANZ 1 18 maps and am happy to report that a lot more of Perth's new and changing landscape is now included.

Sooooo, thanks so much for the info. Greatly appreciated.
warkus is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: