View Single Post
Old 25-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #50
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Just a quick update from the panel beater…. The new section for under the rear window is in, along with all the required support underneath & the parcel shelf has been rebuilt.. the new taillight panel is in, as are all the new boot channel sections & the boot has gone back on… so it looks like a car from the rear again & all the bracing is out.. happy days

Now the real fun begins, all we’ve done so far is to replace the rotten metal with shiny new stuff & nothing else.. so now we’re going to tackle the botch panel repair & shocking misalignment from the previous repairs (& I use that term loosely).. we’ve found the join where the new rear Qtr was…. Wow I almost said “fitted” then… where the new rear Qtr was thrown on..

Now that we’ve taken the 3mm to in some places 7mm of bog away, you can see just how shocking the panel gaps & line ups are… my panel guy is less than impressed & I’m freaking out… but he assures me that he can actually beat panels & that as such he can work the metal & get her back to the shape she is supposed to be without the need for tons of bog…

I’ll be heading over to see the old girl tonight for the first time in a few weeks.. I’ll get some more info & pics then…
1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote