View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:33 AM   #45
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Unregistered Vehicle Permit

There are many accepted activities that exist, even rely upon extension of trust.

Builders consistently extend trust in provision of credit to a client, dentists charge you after the treatment session - not before or during, piano tuners ask for payment after completion.

Shannon’s extend their trust to me for the ute and other cars I drive. It’s a policy requirement the (not laid up) cars are otherwise legally able to be driven. When - in NSW - someone signs a declaration of roadworthiness in order to receive a temporary permit, that declaration is binding and holds the applicant liable. It therefore makes sense that an insurer could contract with a driver in a manner no different to insuring a fully registered car.

I accept the risk profile is possibly heightened; unfamiliar vehicle or journey, just like any “new” car - which is usually quite insurable regardless. A premium reflects that in its price.

It’s saddening to note the lurch towards social-media driven (the root cause IMO) presumptions of impropriety; even imputations thereof.
2 users like this post: