View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
byrnzy
Starter Motor

Default Re: What did you buy after your Mondeo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
Interesting thread

Even though I intend to keep my Mondeo for many years to come, I still like to ponder occasionally what late-model vehicle I would get were I looking to replace it. It seems there is very little that can compete in space stakes for family hauling, and the options diminish rapidly if like me you want a proper wagon and not an SUV.

Sadly, I'm also highly inclined against buying a new Ford motor vehicle owing to the way I was treated over Powershift. On that count Holden and VAG must also be out (a shame as the Skoda Superb would otherwise be a solid contender).

I think that leaves only the Subaru Levorg, which is a cracker of a thing but I'm afraid would be too small; or the Outback which is veering to SUV territory.

I deeply hope that Kia will bring the Optima wagon to Aus in the future, otherwise I might just be hanging on to the MC into the 2030s for lack of a viable replacement!
I was in a similar position. Having 2 cars in the fleet, serious consideration was given to trade the runabout and I take the Mondy as my daily. In the end the Mondy made the choice for me.

I tried to look at the Hyundai i40 as a Wagon option, to have the salesman tell me "we don't stock them, as we cant compete with the Mazda 6 and Mondeo".

Looked at practically all the Toyota's. New Camry is nice in 3.5 or 2.5 Hybrid form but I could not buy a Taxi, Rav is dated, Kluger is just massive. I also had the impression Toyota is relying heavily on there good name. To get a car with decent features, you are practically forced to look at there high end spec'd cars. Base to mid-range seemed quite basic.

Honda CRV was on the cards for a while. They have however recently downsized the engine and paired it to a CVT, so that ruled it out.

Subaru's are nice in Outback and Levorg, but found them quite cramped for space considering there overall size.

I did not consider any cars made by Holden, Mitsubishi or Nissan due to a few reasons.

It was an eye opener how difficult it was to replace a 11 year old car purely on like to like features............
byrnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: