View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:30 PM   #13
Mondaveo

Default Re: Buying used 2018 MD Titanium Mondeos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
I've never really gotten that close to the claimed fuel consumption either. High 7's when I was expecting low 6's. I put it partially down to DPF burns which I was seeing every 150 km or so.
High 7's for you does seem a bit thirsty. And re the DPF burns. How did you know these were happening ? I cant recall any burns on my last Mondeo, but that's not to say it didn't happen.
manchu is talking about a diesel MC wagon, not an MD. His experience mirrors mine in an MC wagon too (consumption ranging between high 6's to high 7's ltrs per 100km). There's some thought that the wagon carries a weight and aero penalty that affects the economy achievable next to the contemporary hatch.

The MD diesel really seems to be a step beyond in economy, consistent 5ltr/100km or better is really impressive and enviable. Surely no MC wags can get near that.

As for DPF burns, you need to read the subtle signs to identify when it happens - in an MC, mainly an increase in engine noise and stationary fuel consumption. I've only ever positively identified it once or twice with my car (which I've had now almost 4 years). With improvements to refinement it may be even more invisible in the MD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote