View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Buying used 2018 MD Titanium Mondeos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanlau View Post
Thinking back now, I drove a Mondeo MD diesel wagon recently (loan car from Ford), it was pretty sluggish down low. Reminds me of old school diesels. However, over time you adapt to driving them differently compared to a petrol car.

I disagree that with a Ford, you should be happy with the build quality you get due to the price you paid for it. Roughly equivalently priced cars (e.g. Mazdas, Toyotas) and cheaper ones (e.g. Hyundai, Kia) have build quality that sh*ts all over Ford. So you don't have to pay twice the price for decent build quality.

Anyway, decent build quality is expected for most mainstream brands. Ford has been building cars for >100 years. I acknowledge there are many reasons to like a Ford. I enjoy driving mine, but I have no illusions that it's still a car that was poorly put together in the factory.

Build quality on mine is pretty good and I'm fussy!! Couldn't complain with how mine is built but I do have some annoying door rattles.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote