View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 08:21 PM   #18
kellyvb

Default Re: Ford petition for dodgy powershifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Yeah, thats probably the market value they'll on sell it for, so they arent really taking responsibility for it, just giving you what they'll recover themselves whilst you lose the difference between that and what you paid.

I'd stand my ground, you paid for their stuff up, so too should they.

This is what my reply back to them was

Dear Ford Australia,

I’m writing in regards to the email I received this morning (18-02-2019) offering a partial refund in relation to my defected power shift vehicle.

I appreciate the reply but my resolution request was a replacement vehicle.
My reasoning to opt for a replacement vehicle is because of my personal situation.
I have no family situated where I live, the closest is 3 hours away.
I have a one year old son with personal needs, my need for a vehicle is imperative hence I purchased the vehicle I have now, without a vehicle I will not be able to complete my daily activities/needs and if I was to get a full refund I wouldn’t have a means of transport to seek to buy another car.

I have liaised with the ACCC today and came to the conclusion I can only settle if offered a replacement vehicle that isn’t defected.

I, and everyone else class these defected vehicles to have a major defect, as they threaten consumers safety and cannot be used up to a fair standard that we purchased them for.
It doesn’t matter how many times these cars are repaired, the faults continuously happen as it cannot be permanently repaired and there’s substantial evidence of this.

I have previously explained in past emails the threats towards my safety and also my sons on occasions while I’ve been driving this car, this has happened on three different occasions and I have no doubt this will happen again if I continue to drive this faulty vehicle.
Because of this I would kindly ask Ford Australia to consider pursuing my request for a replacement vehicle that is safe and up to standard to use as an everyday vehicle.

I would appreciate Ford Australia adhering to its own customer charter and also Australian consumer laws which I’ve attached below.

As it stands now I’m unable to drive my car, because I’m terrified to do so due to its faults.

To purchase a car as of now, it would cost a lot more than the offered partial refund.
When I purchased my car which is a 2013 Focus titanium model it was 2017, so the car was 4 years old.
So if I was to purchase a car now which is the equivalent of being the same age as my car was when I purchased it, the car would need to be 2015.
I have attached some various adverts of the same model car made in 2015 for an indication on price. And please take into account these cars have more KM’S on the clock in comparison to my car.

Please take all of these into account.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind regards, Kelly Van Brummelen.

Link below is requirements under ACCC
https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files...airs-guide.pdf
kellyvb is offline   Reply With Quote