View Single Post
Old 21-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #30
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Ford petition for dodgy powershifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
Out of curiosity, would you own a power shift focus?

I'd have to disagree, this transmission is a known fault, so much so that as I mentioned earlier, before it became public knowledge, a ford dealer was the first person to tell me to stay away from them due to the clutch faults.

It's even a matter of a class action, let's not downplay it, they are lemons in auto form

No I wouldn’t buy one. I wouldn’t buy any duel clutch auto. I don’t like how they drive.
I also would buy a diesel because the cost of repairs is too high. But out top 2 best selling vehicles in Australia are diesels.

I wouldn’t recommend any duel clutch auto. Even $500,000 sports cars have exactly the same problems.

I’m not downplaying any of the issues. I’m simply pointing out Ford has no legal obligation to the op. Of course I’m no lawyer and it’s just my opinion.

Also pointing out Ford continues to pay for replacement of clutches and tcm modules on cars that are many years out of factory warranty. Was VW so kind with dsg repairs? Plenty of people paying $12,000 for new dsg boxes.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote