View Single Post
Old 15-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #14
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Just so everyone understands where I'm coming from, the XR5 is the first turbo (petrol) vehicle I've owned.

However over the years I've have owned numerous other cars, new & old V8s, and diesel & petrol 4x4's. All of these held their own weight when in gear.
I've grown up under the strict instruction (and anyone who has owned an older car will agree) you cannot trust the hand brake.

I always use the hand brake in the Mondeo, it would be foolish not to. However I was surprise to find that the car will roll away if the wife failed to pull it on tight enough

At work we have fleet of SS Commodores and XR6 Turbos, which we routinely drive very quickly, subsequently we NEVER use the hand brake, otherwise we would end up with square rotors. Granted these vehicles are automatics, however the same rule applies when we are given manual vehicles to evaluate.

I was just curious if this phenomenon was common in Mondeos, or if mine was defective. If someone is willing to wander outside and test it, this discussion will be finalised once and for all.
Fent-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote