View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:46 AM   #31
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
I used to run michelins on my cars many years ago, and since switched to bridgestone, as you get 50%+ better mileage out of them.... ie. michelins lasted 24,000km and Bridgestones 40+, last set on my Corolla lasted 52,000km!!! (ER592's)

Mich's tend to run a softer compound... so they are grippy... but, they just dont last :( And i believe, they quite expensive also...?

Can anyone confirm thats still the case?
I don't have much experience with michelin tyres (always felt they were overpriced). It is true they had a reputation in many sizes/categories for poor wear. Michelin have since claimed big improvements in this area, though they compare the new tyres to their previous models, so not sure that means they have matched their competitors or not!!!!

The pilot preceda is a good tyre, but as always it is an issue of value. I have no clue how much the michelins are but would be shocked if they were cheaper than then the RE001. Look around the net i suppose is the best you can do for more information or ask an independent tyre place for their opinion. From what i have heard michelins are good tyres but dont' necessarily like the wet.... They also vary markedly depending on what factory they come out of (china, europe etc.).

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote