View Single Post
Old 17-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #125
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
I have to say I've not noticed any difference between my old adsl2 (15 Mbps) and my new broadband (45 Mbps), both tested at speedtest.net.

I did get some netflix problems when my speed dropped to 4 Mbps due to a line fault.

My only complaint is 'weak' wifi on the new gateway the ISP supplied me with, silly me thought being new it must be better than the old one.

So the NBN has given me no noticeable speed increase but taken away some wifi, I was better off with adsl2 and a modem that had better wifi.
I stuck with my old ISP Modem .... as it only used 2.4Ghz WIFI .... I have a 3-level split home ... and the modem is downstairs at one end of the house. I reckon I'd have issues if i went with the new modem with 5Ghz ... as coverage is less ... but bandwidth is higher.

It works for me at the moment .... so no complaints.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote