View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #31
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: OK I admit is real ute but not what I hoped for.

Quote:
Farmers won't touch this with a four foot pole if it has no clearance, can't carry near a tonne and is not diesel.
There are many, many different types of farmers with varying needs, differing farm surfaces (some are hard and flat even), different farm sizes and varying bank balances. The mushroom grower, hobby farmer, station lessee, market gardener, dairy farmer, orchardist, flower grower may all vary in scale even in the same farm type and have different needs according to farm type, scale, location etc etc.

Ego, brand loyalties and perceptions of self image will also play a role in what vehicle farmers buy. Even for farmers, purchases are not always made on rational objective grounds. Having worked in the rural finance industry in a past life, I know that sadly sometimes even farmers in financial difficult will buy a new vehicle they cannot afford and one that is actually unsuitable for their farm business needs (it's was known as the "new hat" syndromes as like a lady buying a new hat a new vehicle made them feel better); nonetheless the purchase might have been good for their physiological and mental health.

BTW the Brumby like most early 4WD Subarus had manually adjustable suspension height (albeit left at the high settle it accelerated CV joint wear) ; but most owner never read the owner's handbook to find out about it. You could adjust two bolts on the front and an anchor screw on the back (like this: https://www.autozone.com/repairguide...00c15280065cf7)