View Single Post
Old 24-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #853
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Sydney for 98 I paid $1.31, got to Canberra 3 hours later and 98 at BP was $1.63

Go figure.

Costco here is usually Sydney prices, 98 today at Costco in Canberra was $1.32 while BP was still $1.61. We run two cars and by filling up at Costco we save an average of $25 a week. I kept a log for the last year and just by filling up at Costco here I saved $1432 compared to the BP around the corner, that’s a lot of money.

Besides Costco Canberra prices are still a joke compared to Sydney/Melbourne
I used to live at Queanbeyan until 2 years ago and was/still am a Costco member. Where I lived in Qybn was maybe a 15/20 minute drive form the Costco site yet the fuel prices in Qybn were still 'up there' ie around Canberra prices. I guess they just took the chance that ppl wouldn't drive the distance for cheaper fuel however as you say over a 12 month period of filling up at Costco as against other service stations you definitely save big $ depending on the k's you drive each year. I must say I never went to Costco on the weekends to fill up as there were always hugh queues at reach and every bowser.

It used to amaze me how even after Costco opened the fuel depot in Canberra (the warehouse was there maybe 12-18 months before they built the servo) Canberrians were whingeing about fuel prices. Well there is one way to fix it ppl. There was a cheap outlet in Fyshwick as well which was closer to Costco than Qybn but the rest of the servo's in Fyshwick kept their prices in line with the rest of the ACT prices.
AGH is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: