View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:20 AM   #20
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
What’s worse, paying someone’s childcare bill or having one parent off work getting Centrelink and/ or associated benefits? From what I’ve seen if the government didn’t give a childcare subsidy it’s simply not worth both parents going to work.
I'll tell you what would be better, if people could control their need to live on credit and not need brand new bigger and better everything NOW, that would be smart, but people can't do that so they need 2 incomes to pay for the 40 square house when a 20 would do, they need to incomes to pay for the 2 brand new SUV's sitting in their driveway when one good car and a ****-fighter would do, they need 2 incomes to give their child a whopping 3rd birthday party that would get rid of the debt of a small African country, they need 2 incomes to pay for the $70,000 wedding they just HAD to have, do I need to go on? Seriously?

My eldest daughter and her husband decided that one would stay home and one would work, so that is what they have done for the last 12 years until the 3 kids start school, those 2 have gone without, the kids have done OK, but not as well as their peers, but you know what, they are well balanced good kids.

My wife decided to supplement our income 35 years ago started doing childcare in our home for .50c an hour per child through the local city council, she/we have seen a lot of people come through our doors I can tell you. I reckon my opinion on this is pretty well sourced.

I love it when these 'poor' parents get on TV and whinge about their child care bill, firstly I can almost guarantee that the kid(s) have to be in the 'best' (read most fashionable) privately run centre in the district when there are cheaper and equally good value alternatives around. What these people don't say is that they get 50% of their out of pocket expenses back at tax time, no , no, they just whinge about childcare coz they get their 5 minutes of fame in front of a TV camera