View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #46
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Sorry to drag up an old thread 'again' but mine failed on wed morning. Left home in the morn, parked the car outside the office, went out at 11 to head out to an appointment and got no response from the start button. Same symptoms as reported in some of the posts above. Remote opened the doors no problem, got the welcome screen on the dash but when I pushed the button got zero response. Disconnected the battery, borrowed a colleague’s car and went to my appointment. 4 hours later I reconnected the battery and still nothing. Called the dealer, they sent a tow truck to pick it up and gave me a car to get home in and use until they could fix it. I got the car back this afternoon. They replaced the BCM (Body Control Module), reprogrammed the keys to suit and all good again. Also worth noting that mine does NOT have the full HMI kit which is interesting as until now all the ones I have read about that have failed have been fitted with the factory bluetooth......... until now!!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote