View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #50
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New mustang commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
In my opinion, the 3 main attributes that sell Mustangs are;
1. Styling and head turning looks in today's world of mostly mundane looking cars.
2. Great Performance.
3. It's long Heritage of being an icon.
I think the commercial hits a home run on all of the above.
Says the person who already owns a Mustang

Did you ever watch the movie "Dave"? There's a scene where he attacks a government advertising campaign that is designed to make people feel better about American Cars they have already bought.

Does anything in that ad give you a (new) desire to own two Mustangs??

Who is the target audience?

If I try to look at it, as hypothetically somebody who is not a Ford aficionado and Mustang Lover, I get the following:
It reinforces the negative stereotype of American Muscle-cars as being noisy and only fast in a straight line.
As a male, I am offended that they think sticking a beautiful woman in the car makes it more attractive.
As a female, I would be horrified that they think sticking a women in the drivers seat suddenly makes it more appealing to women buyers.

The fact that Moss is apparently a Mustang lover of some note, is literally completely and utterly pointless.

I don't know, perhaps the modern aim of such ads is to get people to google Moss and Mustangs?? Maybe that works.

NB: I would be far more impressed, on both counts, if they had used say Sabine Schmitz booting around the N-ring.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote