View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #11
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
One of the worst crook things I experienced was I was sitting waiting at one of the Pedders workshop for a wheel alignment being done on my car, when a female customer came to the workshop to discuss about her Hyundai Elantra with solid rear axle that had been bent from a small impact. The guy at the counter quoted her 'somewhere over $3k' for a NEW rear axle fitted. The woman was really upset saying that would be a real struggle to finance but she needed the car back on the road, and asking if there were any way doing it at less cost. Just out of interest while sitting there I looked on gumtree on my phone, found a local wrecker that had that particular model in stock, called them and got quoted a bargain price for a s/hand rear axle. Just as the woman had left her car for repair, I showed the gumtree deal to the Pedders guy at the counter. He said 'fantastic, then I can pocket all that profit from the dumb female'. You would have thought he would have phoned her with the good news that 'Hi, it looks we can do it a lot cheaper for you'.
I sold my EB 12yrs ago with a RWC here in Melbourne. Guy called me the next day saying he had been to Pedders and there was $2000 worth of bushes (practically all bushes) to be replaced. I promptly spoke to the mechanic who RWC'd the car and the EB was brought back and put on the hoist. Only ONE thing that was wrong was an engine mount he missed. All the other bushes front to back were like new. Ive steered clear of Pedders shops ever since.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: