View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #8
Mondaveo

Default Re: Installing Fog Lights on a MC LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
for my foglights to work i press the button on the headlight light level knob, its a rotary knob with inner button. is yours like that?
Yes, the other way I could have described it is the front fog lamps are controlled by the inner button of the rotary headlight level knob, and the rear fog lamps are the inner button in the rotary dashboard brightness knob.

Cobrin, your MB has front fog lamps only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojabbajabba View Post
What should I do next? Is it easy to find the switch for the front and a harness for the front? Would I be able to wire in the front fog lights using the same control as the rear ones?
At a pinch, I'd guess you could hook it up to the existing button to have front fog lamps instead of/in addition to the rears, but I have no idea about wiring.

Personally, I'd look on ebay or find a wrecker with a whole vehicle to see if you can get the parts cheap. Also sites like partsplus.com.au. The switchgear shouldn't be too hard but I think the wiring might be problematic if it requires anything special (hard to extract from a complete vehicle and harnesses tend to be expensive to buy new...).

Here's a listing I found for the switches on ebay, but I'd hold off buying until you know what you need for wiring the lights up too: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252827965123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: