View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford workers break their silence on faulty transmissions: 'My hands are dirty. I feel horrible'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMXR6T View Post
Had a Fiesta and a Focus with Power Shift in our company. Focus is now around 7 years old/80,000KM and no problems with transmission and service has been fine. Fiesta soled after 100,000KM/5 years and also no problems. Have XR6 Sprint and no dramas and service has been good. Fantastic car that I will keep a long time.

I did tell staff driving Focus & Fiesta not to hold the cars on hills with auto - use brake so no clutch slippage/heat build up.
Good advice.
I have been told that heat and clutch dust are the two biggest problems with the gearbox, so if they are doing more open style running and the clutches aren't worked hard, then probably OK. Little solace to owners expecting a regular auto experience I know but some vehicles seem to have less problems.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote