View Single Post
Old 22-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Alleged War Crimes by Australian Soldiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I've never been to war (born just after WW2 and my number didn't come up for Vietnam) so I have no personal experience of what it's like. I lost friends and relatives in Vietnam and have for years noticed a marked difference in those mates who returned from Vietnam. Some have taken their own lives. Some still battle to survive on a daily basis.

I will never judge them for anything that happened on the battlefield as even though I've heard a few stories from some of them I can never really understand.
I cannot fathom the situations they found themselves in and have given up trying. As I said, I've never been there.
I cannot know the depths of their thoughts when confronted with those situations.
I cannot know the the danger whether real or not.
I cannot know that each day it was kill or be killed.
I cannot know which are the 'baddies' regardless of their appearance or actions.
This inquiry can do nothing but denigrate our armed forces and have them judged by people who have absolutely no idea.

I was going to write something along the same line, but you have put it in a nutshell.

Having been a long-term member of the ADF, but lucky enough not to have had a weapon pointed at me with intent, I am thoroughly disgusted by the civilian ‘experts’ who have no idea, but want to be outraged by what has happened (or not) to upset their perfect world.

There is/was a complaining thread on here regarding ‘low flying Army helicopters with novice pilots disturbing the peace of leafy green Sydney suburbs’. Again, somebody’s perfect world had been upset.

Moderators, please do not lock this thread, let the ‘experts’ make fools of themselves by posting their ignorance and perfect world scenarios of what should have been done by who and when.
11 users like this post: