Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 07:46 PM   #1685
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

I have been in the horticultural industry for over 17 years and have been cutting lawns for 22 years. Four years of study and all those years in the field have taught me a lot, and still have plenty more to learn.

I say that in context to a customer we have come into the nursery, almost always on the busiest day of the week and during the busiest part of the day. This person has been gardening and lawn mowing for twice as long as me, and yet he knows absolutely nothing about the industry he works in. He has a habit of bailing up a staff member to ask technical questions that he should really know the answer to, stuff that people usually figure out simply by being exposed to it all day long. And it's always the same questions, each and every time he comes in. And all the while, this is taking a team member away from genuine customers who are willing to buy far more than he ever intends to.

I don't even bother to entrain him these days, it can become repetitive answering people's questions as it is, let alone answering the same questions over and over to the same person every few weeks. Time put into his questions is not balanced out buy his spending amounts, so I leave him to it and hope I manage to be busy elsewhere when he arrives at the register.

None of us can figure out how this person has gone this far in his career without actually learning anything other than how to start a lawn mower.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: