View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #36
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Army Night Flying - Sydney 07-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Bingo, mate. Got where I have lived since 1982.
And... wrong, wrong, wrong. Dunno where you get 'the lifestyle farm set' idea from. Where are you from ? Nobody I know around here complains about either the military or civilian aircraft noise.
I was rapt to see a couple of new F35s fly above our house at low level and slow speed when they arrived before Christmas.
I'm agreeing with you....mainly newcomers to Campvale, Ferodale, Medowie, "4 acre Lifestyle pretend famers" (big hat no sheep) I know there were a lot of new people in your area, including Salt Ash, Motto Farm, Raymond Terrace, Fullerton Cove, Bobs Farm etc whinging about the airport noise and bombing range. I do a lot of work in the Newcastle, Port Stephens area so I regularly talk to a lot of people in that general area who are always on about the military planes. blah, blah, blah. I usually turn round and say I like them and ride there as much as I can.

I chose to live in between the Hume Fwy, Old Hume Hwy and the main Sydney to Melbourne railway line.
Ah, I love the noise from the big rigs on the Hwy at night and the 2km long freight trains on the main line.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: