Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #10325
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I'm not as confident as I was say 6 months ago. You look at India, Europe, Latin America and it feels like that it will rage on for years with poor vaccine supplies, annual vaccination requirements, continued lack of border controls outside the Asia Pacific and strain mutations. WHO release states that the pandemic is accelerating globally, with as many infections in the last month as the first six months of the outbreak.

I don't reckon being immunised in Australia is going to magically fix the rest of the world and take us back to where we were. The Fed will maintain iron control of the international borders for a while yet.
I think you are right on the money with that sentiment. The next few months will tell whether we are going to avoid another repeat of what we saw in Victoria last winter but even if we avoid another major outbreak, the reality is that global case numbers continue to rise in real terms with all of the last 13 days (including weekends) being above the 90th percentile and 4 of the last 10 days setting new record highs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool
Western Bulldogs now 6-zip...
I think under humanitarian grounds it’s imperative that I can return for the grannie in Sept!
Two problems with that. (1) They have to keep it up for the rest of the season; and (2) we need to avoid another major lockdown.

I wouldn't be putting money on either.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post: