Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #10332
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
He is right in that hotels are not built to quarantine an airborne virus. You can move infected individuals to a different hotel, but every time you move someone, there is risk. He is not asking the Feds to take over, he is just asking for help i.e. allow use of a more "appropriate" site. It is a fair ask, the states are doing what is ultimately the federal government's job.

Remote sites can work if done properly. Have staff do shifts on site, maybe month on month off. Not sure what the arrangement is at Howard springs, but I don't think there has been any leaks? Agree the Vic man was after the fact, but theoritically speaking, he may have never caught it if the site was more appropriate. Every time some innocent bugga catches it, there is a risk of long term complication.

My prediction for future border controls:

* Once 1a and 1b vaccinations are complete, there will be pressure on the states to increase quarantine capacities. The feds will have some sort of carrot or stick to entice states to do it. It sounds like Vic is close to choosing a site for their project to increase capacity anyhow.

* Once we are well into 2a (say 60-70%), there will be more bubbles with low risk countries. This is where it is going to get interesting. I reckon countries that have been “successful” in rolling out their jabs will be in the group, so looking at US, UK and the likes.

* By the time we get to 2bs, it will be close to election time. Huge pressure on industries that are hurting. So 2bs may just have to take the hit for the country’s economy.
The underlined part of your comment is false as the states will not give the Feds the power to run and control, why do you think each state runs their own version of quarantine and none of the premiers are willing to give up control.
This user likes this post: