Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #10336
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
I dont know about a quote but I am positive while listening to the ABC in the last couple of days that the guy being interview stated Fed said that they would manage quarantine and the states said no.
Ok, I'll see if I can dig it out tonight. Keen to see exactly what was said, and who said it. Because that has not been the position from the outset. It possibly may be the case now, given that states have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into the program, so I can see how they may be reluctant to write all that off.

Regardless, I still stand by "It is a fair ask, the states are doing what is ultimately the federal government's job." Its in black and white, can't be weaselled out of. States can't override the Feds or the constitution. But Feds can "delegate" to states at their choosing.

Peter Dutton hits back at WA premier, insisting states had agreed to manage hotel quarantine
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...tel-quarantine

Just to clarify, I don't have an issue with states managing it given we are where we are now. What I have a problem with is that those who are ultimately accountible sit back and offer little assistance.

Last edited by T3rminator; 27-04-2021 at 04:36 PM.