Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2021, 11:41 AM   #10349
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Thanks fellas, for providing artifacts to support what was said in the first place. That states agreed to do what is ultimately the Feds job. Which is why they should be providing more assistance when requested.

Not sure why this topic is so trying and sensitive.
I think the issue is there is no resource of people on the feds payroll to do this. I believe this is the reason it was agreed that the states would do it., because they have the health resources on the ground. All that the Feds have is the army, on only a small section of that is health prodessionals with skills in infectious diseases.

We take a simplistic view that 120 years ago quarantine was determined to be a federal task. So we have Border force to enforce our ability on the border. There is no skillset to handle people once through the border. Where would all of the health professionals come from? What facilities are available? I think the vast majority of those going through Quarantine would prefer a comfy hotel to barracks of some kind. And nothing to say they are any better than any hotel room - remember these people will not be allowed to wonder around the facilities and the swimming pool. They will still be confined to a room, with all of the same challenges in a hotel. If you put them in a camp, and run it WA style, there is no difference, they could get infected on day 14, leave the camp and go home. No difference at all, we just feel safer as it is further away.

The critical current failing in WA is they have decided in their wisdom to leave infections people across the corridor from non. That is dumb, has been discovered elsewhere and addressed.

The decision for the states to run it was due to them having the associated peoplepower and access to facilities. It could never have been run by the feds. They made a smart, correct group decision. There was actually no other workable choice.

It is my belief that after 14 days in hotel quarantine, there should be 7 days isolating at home with a further test at day 5 at home.

This user likes this post: