View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #42
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Digital Driver Licence statewide rollout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmav23 View Post
Why would a business not offer card payments in a shopping centre in 2019?

You can use your phone to swipe the ATM card reader to withrdaw your money or you can use and app and send someone a pin and they go to the ATM and withdaw the money with a pin.

Within NSW now and eventually all over Australia it would be accepted.

You still keep your wallet cards when overseas.
Oh kmav, you can tell you live in a large city can't you.

I will concede that dodging tax would be one of them in some incidents. I know of a couple of places that use their cash register simply as an ornament and/or to store their days takings.

There are a number of reasons why businesses don't offer card payments including lack of fast internet or even in some cases no internet at all. Yep, you would probably find that hard to understand but it is true.

Also, others out in the bush are a little old fashioned, both shop keepers and their customers.

What about the elderly? Is it expected of them to embrace this technology? Some say, "Well, they will have to." but why? Habits die hard and personally as I get older my habits are getting harder to break.

Speaking on a personal note, despite me having full internet access, I don't do any sort of electronic banking. Don't believe me? Ask a few other members on here that know me personally. Ask russellw - I still go to the ANZ bank every year to pay my AFF donation!!!
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: