View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
Bobthekelpy
Starter Motor

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
Firstly the active grille - I doubt you will experience much difficulty in practice, so I wouldn't be concerned with it now.
Secondly, what is the exact code you are seeing regarding the ECM? (to Ford its the PCM)

The 120k Ford service must have been before you bought it. You can't be truly 100% sure that the trans fluid actually did get changed, even if it was paid for
What do you know about the previous owner? Was the fluid changed at 60k?
You could get a mechanic you trust to check the condition (colour) of the fluid, although having done 15k since the change it probably won't be conclusive as to how new it is.

Out of interest, is this the 'facelift' model? ie is it MB or MC?
Thanks for the reply Deo.

I am not sure of the fault code number, Ford themselves read it and referred to it as ECM..

Correct, the 120k service was completed just as I bought the car, from a Ford dealership (not the same one I have had look at the fault codes). I raised that with my local Ford dealership too, as I was suspect that the trans fluid had been done, they contacted the dealership I purchased it from and obtained a report from the 120k service, apparently it was completed. But, who knows.

I bought the car from a Dealership, I think the previous owner was RACV as a service/fleet car. The dealership I bought it from completed the 120k service as part of the purchase etc as it was due. The service book is up to date with no services missed, however I don't have receipts of what was done.

It is the MC, I think the build date is September 2010.
Bobthekelpy is offline   Reply With Quote