View Single Post
Old 29-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #14
rondeo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2010 TDCI Powershift problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
I might have the same problem with my 2012 MC, 72,000km. A Transmission "limited function" warning message appeared yesterday. I stopped immediately and all seems fine after a restart.

The car was bought from a Mazda dealer, 2 weeks ago. Should I take back there or get someone else to check it out first? (Ford or my usual independent mechanic).

Do I need to address ASAP? Can I damage transmission if it happens and I'm not able to stop quickly?

In the case of a transmission Limp Home I gather there are many programs the TCM may adopt depending on the particulars. So you may find a gear or number of gears restricted. The point of that would be to allow you to continue as necessary to safety or workshop.

When the situation allows, remove the ignition key for 15s and try restarting, which may clear the fault.

The above info is from the pdf which was recently linked here in Mondeo section.

See if there's a fault code set. I don't get why codes are cleared by the car when they might be useful later? If you have Forscan on your phone and a BT adapter permanently plugged in you can access codes which are not permanently set? That's worked for me before.
rondeo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: