Thread: New Mondeo
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
In all honesty I don't think Ford will be trying to attract Camry buyers, they attract a different type of buyer (ie. generally someone who only wants A->B transport and something that's cheaper and with Toyota reliability.) Handling, and other Euro qualities that I imagine Ford will be pushing, generally don't interest that type of buyer -IMHO.
I think the original quote was Mazda6/Camry class. Whilst I agree the Camry buyer is a little more pedestrian, that class (as defined by VFACTS) includes Mazda 6, Subaru Liberty, Honda Accord Euro, which exhibit the qualities you are speaking about. I think that the entry of Mondeo could well lift interest in this entire class of mid sized vehicles
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote