View Single Post
Old 27-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #47
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift data logs and P0715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
the technical documentation that Rondeo linked to, and the quote you got from Ford shows the rebuild kit (cover kit) that I was thinking of.
Basically there are some metal 'gaskets' which cannot always be removed without damage
Thanks. I've re-read the technical document and found the statement about the clutch housing cover plate. They call it 'sacrificial' so I don't know why the other shop isn't ordering in a new AM7M5R7P099AA like Ford's quote, but they've done this job many times so I trust they know what they're doing. I might ask about it when I drop the car off (now booked for Tuesday 1st Nov).

Quote:
I suppose Ford did a cost-benefit analysis and decided it was more efficient to replace those bits each time.
Given the amount of work involved, it makes some sense they'd try to ensure they don't have to go back in there - probably the same reason they also want to change that second sensor AM7M5R7H103AA. It's probably also a list written more to fix warranty claims the first time than to minimise cost, which might be why they want to also bill me for coolant...

Odd that neither quote suggested changing the transmission fluid filter.

Quote:
Re: warranty, only you can make the call about whether the saving/cost is worth it to you.
Given that the cost of labour is in the vicinity of $1500, I've concluded it's not worth trying to save a few hundred on the part if it might mean I'd have to pay all over again for it to be redone. Were the sums different then it might be more worth pursuing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote