View Single Post
Old 19-05-2019, 01:16 PM   #34
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Smartphones to Replace Car Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmav23 View Post
The endgame is to be cashless, walletless and keyless and only need carry your smartphone as the only item you need to carry.

Cashless - No cash or cards as you use NFC on Tap and Pay smartphone

Medicare card govt cards - Digital copies now available on your phone.

Drivers licence - Digital licence already trialing parts of Sydney and will be rolled out soon.

Opal Card - can use smartphone NFC to pay

Keys - Cars and homes locks and any key locks will be NFC locks opened by your smartphone.

Once the digital drivers licence is rolled out then i dont need to carry anything besides my smartphone when i go out.

The smartphone is one if the most amazing inventions to the human race, everyone needs to carry one.

For a male just taking your smartphone in your pocket is would be awesome, instead of a thick wallet full of cards and many keys.

If you lose your phone you can trace it and wipe all content remotely and install in a new phone or keep a spare smartphone at home.
What a great idea....................Until you're on a driving holiday and drop your phone rendering it useless.

You then have no money, no license, no car keys, no identification and of course no phone to call anyone to help